Sunday, May 15, 2005

How to go about it.

I'm supposed to post the first question for discussion of Barbara Michael's "House of Many Shadows" tomorrow. The only problem is that I've never led a book discussion before. And I've participated in very few. So I'm not sure how I want to lead this one. I don't think I want to do a chapter by chapter discussion. I'll probably go with posting questions on setting, plot, characters, etc. I've only read through chapter 5 but I've read it so many times that I don't think that will be a problem. And I'll finish it soon. I hope the discussion goes well especially after confessing how ill prepared I am to lead it.

I have started rereading Douglas Adam's "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". I'd like to get it read before I see the movie. I'd forgotten how funny this book is. I've read it once and listened to it on audiobook once. As a matter of fact, whenever I think of the audiobook, I flashback to weeding the asparagus and rhubarb patches. Unfortunately, the asparagus patch is no more but the rhubarb is still there. Ever flashback to what was going on around you the first time you read a book? They say that smell is one of the strongest memory inducers but for me, it's can be the memory of what I was reading, too.

I think I'll put this book on the treadmill. My rule is if I put a book on the treadmill, I can only read it while using said treadmill. And since lately the pounds have been creeping up, I need some real incentive to use it. The book that currently has that place of honor is Sara Paretsky's "Bitter Medicine". It's not a bad book but it hasn't induced me to do any exercising. Summer is fast coming upon us and I'm not going to have any clothes that look half way decent. So HG2G is going into the basement.

And now I have a book to read for discussion. Ta!

1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

That treadmill thing is a good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home