Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sporadic reading...

I was going to wait until tomorrow to update this but after seeing how many people had visited this site, I decided I should get something new posted here today.

Don't you hate it when you wait and wait for a book and once it comes, you find you don't like it? That's what happened with "Buried Stuff" by Sharan Fiffer. It's been on order from the library for months. I have read the first three in this series and enjoyed them even though they are a little light. I love reading about her picking adventures since I used to own an antique and collectibles store. Her descriptions of the things Jane Wheel finds make me salivate. So I started this book with pleasant anticipation. And couldn't get past page 20. I just didn't care what happened to the characters. So after waiting for months, it's going back to the library after having it for two days.

Now I'm reading "Death Below Deck" by Douglas Kiker. And enjoying it very much. I think this is the third in the series about Mac McFarland, out of work investigative journalist from Chicago who finds himself on Cape Cod. He has a wife he's trying to divorce, a drinking problem, and a smart mouth. Because Cape Cod is one of my favorite places to be, I like reading these books. The author, Douglas Kiker, is a former NBC television correspondent and was a White House correspondent for the New York Herald Tribune when Pres. Kennedy was shot. I like his characters and his writing style.

The Hitchhiker's Guide is still on the treadmill. And I haven't read it since Thursday. Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe I'll see the movie before i finish rereading the book. I know, I should be on the treadmill. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home