Friday, June 03, 2005

Abandon ship!

Or at least abandon "Dark Water"! This was not the book I was looking to read. It isone of those steamy romances disguised as a suspenseful mystery. I used to read lots of those but this one is not interesting me at all.

The book I'm reading right now is for a discussion on the 4 Mystery Addicts group. It's "Out" by Natsuo Kirino. It's a Japanese mystery translated into English and so far it's really grabbing my attention. The description seemed a little dark and I almost didn't read it. But I had ordered it from the library so I decided to at least start it and see what it was like. And I'm glad I did.

It's the story of four Japanese women who work the night shift at a box lunch factory. One of the women kills her abusive husband and now they are involved in helping her get away with the murder. The characters are well drawn and the descriptions pull you right into the story. I am only on page 66 and I can't believe how much information I have on the characters already. It's a 359 page book with small print so it's going to take me a while to finish it. That's okay if it continues to be as good as it has started out to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home