Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Fickle, I am...

I really need to stick with a book. I got part way through "Out" and just stopped reading it. No real reason. I didn't dislike the book. And I'd like to finish it sometime. Just not now, I guess.

I did buy and read "Black Rose" by Nora Roberts. It the second book in her "In the Garden" trilogy. The first book is "Blue Dahlia". I like most of her books. She always thoroughly researches whatever subject she writes about. This trilogy takes place in Tennessee. It involves a plant nursery and has a mysterious ghost. A satisfying, interesting read.

The present book I am reading is "Full Dark House" by Christopher Fowler. It was recommended on the 4 Mystery Addicts list and sounded interesting. I'm not that far into it but it's good so far. Here's a jacket excerpt: "Edgy, suspenseful, and richly atmospheric, here is the first novel in a riveting new series starring two cranky but brilliant old detectives whose lifelong friendship was forged solving crimes for the London Police Department's Peculiar Crimes Unit. In Full Dark House, Christopher Fowler tells the story of both their first and last case - and how along the way this unlikely pair of crime fighters changed the face of detection." I do wonder how it can be a series if this book has both their first and last cases in it.

I'm only 30 pages into it but I don't want to stop reading it yet. With my track record lately, this means it's quite interesting. And since my library book pile is growing again, I can't dawdle in reading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home