Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Not much better...

I still haven't finished a book. I stopped reading "Full Dark House". It isn't bad, it's just not holding my interest. I picked up "Dead Witch Walking" by Kim Harrison.

This is a witch/vamp book. I'm not sure how much I like it. The main character seems to spend a lot of time "feeling uneasy" and she's the witch. I should count how many times she's described as uneasy. It's a little repetitive but I'm still reading. No guarantees on finishing it, though.

We're going camping from Friday until Monday so I'm hoping to get some serious reading in. Although Saturday will not be much of a reading day since both my kids and my SIL and BIL are coming to the campground to celebrate my 50th birthday. My birthday isn't until Wed. the 29th but this is the only time we can all be together. We are camping with our best friends and Sue's 47th birthday is Monday the 27th so it's a double celebration.

Sue is hard to buy for so we got a copy of Deborah Macomber's "The Shop on Blossom Street" for her. And a coffee table book on gardens in the French Riveria. She knits and crochets so I think she'll enjoy Macomber's book. I found it was a quick, fun read. I haven't read the sequel "A Good Yarn" yet. And Sue is a rabid gardener so I hope she likes the garden book.

Now it's time to get ready to leave. I want to stop at WalMart this morning and see if they have "Eleven on Top" by Janet Evanovich. It came out yesterday but WalMart didn't have it out yesterday morning. I hope it's there today as I really want to read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home