Saturday, August 06, 2005

A month's worth of books

Don't worry, I'm not going to post about every book I've read in the past month. I will post a list of them, though.

In July I read the following:

Ghost Riders by Sharyn McCrumb
Blue Blood by Susan McBride
Death in Rough Waters by Francine Mathews
Death in a Mood Indigo by Francine Mathews
Origin in Death by J.D. Robb
Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton

Started in July and finished in August:

The Coroner's Lunch by Colin Cotterhill
Cold Case Squad by Edna Buchanan

Started and finished in August so far:

A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber

Started in May and finished in August:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

I know, you're saying "The Hitchhiker's Guide" isn't a very long book. Why did it take so long to read?" That's because it was on my treadmill and I didn't even get on the treadmill during the month of July. But the past couple of days I did and I finished the book. Now I have to find another book to put on it. I think it will probably be "The Resaurant at the End of the Universe" by Douglas Adams as it's the sequel to The Hitchhiker's Guide. And I hope to read it faster this time. (Meaning I hope to be on my treadmill more often.)

Random comments - I like the Mathews books that take place on Nantucket. The characters are well drawn and the events are plausible. Unfortunately, I think I read the only three she wrote in this series. I'll have to check because the end of Mood Indigo left the series open to another book.

The Coroner's Lunch was a group read at the 4 Mystery Addicts group (link on right). I wasn't sure I'd like a book based in Lao with a 70 year old coroner as the protaganist but I needn't have worried. Dr. Siri and his merry band of cohorts were delightful. It was a good read.

Knit One, Kill Two was an okay book. Especially if you are a knitter. It was obviously a first novel. As a knitter, I loved the description of the yarn shop, yarns, and knitting projects. The mystery was okay but not anything startling. The characters were fine except for the main character. She was a little unlikeable at times. If Sefton writes another book in this series, I'll read it.

That's all I'm going to comment on for now. Some of the other books I may go into more depth on at a later time. Keep on reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home